The EcoDistricts Protocol
The Global Performance Standard that Empowers Sustainable Neighborhood- and District-Scale Development
To foster a new model and era of urban regeneration, EcoDistricts has created the EcoDistricts Protocol: a framework for achieving people-centered, economically vibrant, planet-loving neighborhood sustainability.
Empowering Urban Regeneration Practitioners to Commit to and Achieve the Highest Levels of Sustainability
Embracing the standards within the EcoDistricts Protocol is a mark of neighborhood- or district-scale sustainability leadership. It confirms a district’s commitment to inclusiveness, transparency, information sharing, and peer-to-peer learning. These elements are central to the Protocol.
The Protocol Fosters Neighborhood- and District-Scale Sustainability By:
- Providing a flexible yet rigorous performance framework
- Forming inclusive governance to spur effective planning and project delivery
- Supporting robust public-private-civic partnerships
- Aligning leadership to improve cross-sector collaboration
- Setting meaningful performance targets based on a comprehensive district assessment
- Integrating equity, resilience and climate protection into all facets of district planning
Launched globally in April 2016, the Protocol was developed over five years with support from 100+ global advisors and testing across 11 districts in 8 North American cities. Download and use the Protocol for free any time and receive instant updates on future editions. Versions 1.2 was published October 2016. LEARN WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.2GET THE PROTOCOL NOW