EcoDistricts Accredited Professional (AP) is the only credential demonstrating a commitment to creating sustainable, equitable neighborhoods and districts
EcoDistricts AP is a global professional credential for anyone involved in community and urban development – including architects, planners, landscape architects, urban designers, public policymakers, real estate and infrastructure developers, sustainability professionals, and community activists.
The EcoDistricts AP program immerses attendees in the approach and tools to support the development of an EcoDistrict using the EcoDistricts Protocol.
Why EcoDistricts AP
- EcoDistricts AP is the only professional credential dedicated to those looking to advance neighborhood and districts-scale equitable and sustainable development.
- EcoDistricts AP gain an in-depth overview of the EcoDistricts Protocol and Certified platform— the only comprehensive framework and certification system to guide urban and community development — from planning to implementation.
- EcoDistricts APs learn about best practices influencing neighborhood equity and sustainability — including resiliency, equity, green infrastructure, placemaking, and community health.
- EcoDistricts APs have access to inspiring case studies and resources through the EcoDistricts Information Exchange.
- EcoDistricts APs are part of a growing movement of global practitioners dedicated to advancing equitable and sustainable development practices.
Become an AP Today
Step 1: Download the EcoDistricts Protocol and Certified Handbook
The EcoDistricts Protocol and EcoDistricts Certified Handbook are important resources required to becoming an EcoDistricts Accredited Professional. Below signing up for the EcoDistricts Course, you’ll need to download the EcoDistricts Protocol and purchase the EcoDistricts Certified Handbook, our detailed resource guide required for project teams pursuing EcoDistricts Certification.
EcoDistricts Certified Handbook: $45PURCHASE THE ECODISTRICTS CERTIFIED HANDBOOK
Step 2: Take the AP Training Course
The EcoDistricts AP Training Course is the first step toward becoming an EcoDistricts Accredited Professional. In the course, you’ll learn how to implement the EcoDistricts Certified standard, which puts equity, resilience and climate protection at the center of all development decisions. The course is available online, allowing practitioners across the globe to register and take the course on their own time. Please note that taking the course is a requirement for becoming an EcoDistricts AP.
If you’re interested in hosting an in person EcoDistricts Foundation course, please contact Rob Bennett for more information. We have trained over 5,000 practitioners over the past decade.
Online Training Course fees
Online course: $50REGSISTER FOR THE ONLINE FOUNDATION COURSE
Step 3: Take the EcoDistricts AP exam
After you’ve completed the EcoDistricts Foundation and Centering Racial Equity in EcoDistricts Courses, you can register to take the online exam whenever it’s most convenient for you. The exam is open-book, and requires score of at least 70% to pass.
Once you’ve registered for the exam and paid the exam fee, you’ll be prompted to log into your account to access your private exam link. You can begin the exam any time after you’ve registered. Once you begin, you have 24 hours to complete the exam.
AP Exam: $45
Once you pass the AP Exam you are a credentialed EcoDistricts Accredited Professional. (AP)REGISTER FOR THE AP EXAM